For 2 people
- 1 small cauliflower in small florets
- 1 red bell pepper, cubed
- 1 shallot, finely chopped
- 1 large clove of garlic, finely chopped
- 40 gr cashew nuts, roughly chopped
- 200 gr suzi wan wok noodles
- 300 gr mixed minced meat, can also be minced chicken
- 1/2 shallot, very finely chopped
- 1 clove of garlic, crushed
- 5 spice spice mix
- 1 tsp lemon pepper
- 1 tbsp chopped chives
- 1 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cube knorr beef stock, crumble
- 130 ml of water
- 2 tbsp hoisin sauce
- 2 tbsp liquid honey
- 2 tbsp rice vinegar
- 1 tsp tomato concentrate
- 2 tbsp ketchup
- 2 tbsp pineapple – chili sauce or regular chili sauce
- A few drops of Tabasco
- 1 tsp sambal
- Cornflour, optional
- Flat-leaf parsley or coriander, fresh
Mix all ingredients for the sauce together, except the cornflour.
Mix everything together for the balls and roll balls of a golf ball large.
Heat some oil in a wok and fry the balls until brown, they don’t have to be fully cooked yet. Remove them from the wok and put them warm.
Put some oil in the wok again and stir-fry the vegetables for 5 minutes. Add the balls again, and the cashew nuts, fry for a few more minutes. Add the sauce, heat through (until the balls are cooked through) and add some cornflour to bind them, if desired.
Loosen the wok noodles and stir them through. Let it heat through for a few more minutes.
Serve with some fresh flat-leaf parsley or coriander.
You can also use other noodles, which you cook first. Wok noodles can be added immediately.