for 4 persons :
- 800 g mixed minced meat
- flour to roll the balls in
- 2 cans (2×33 cl) V8 vegetable juice
- 1/2 liter of meat stock
- 100 g baking butter
- 100 g flour
- 1dl soy cream
- 2 tbsp bruchetta mix oil & vinegar
- 4 tbsp Devos Lemmens Veg’up ketchup
- Fresh parsley, finely chopped
- 2 tomatoes, skinned and diced
- 500 gr. mushrooms, sliced
- 2 shallots, finely chopped
Season the minced meat with salt and pepper and shape into balls. Roll them lightly in the flour.
Bring plenty of water to the boil, possibly with a cube of meat stock and cook the balls for 10 minutes.
Take another pot and heat the butter in it. Add the shallot pieces and sauté for 2 minutes.
Add the flour and let it also fry for 2 minutes , stirring constantly .
Take the bowl off the heat for a while , meanwhile lower the heat and add the stock little by little . Stir well so there are no lumps. Then also add the V8 . Put on the fire again .
Season with the bruchetta mix . Bring to a boil over medium heat while stirring constantly. Also add the ketchup and the cream . Add the mushrooms and let it cook for another 5 minutes.
Remove from the heat , add the cooked meatballs and the diced tomatoes .
Mix well. Serve with the chopped parsley and some puree or paste.