- 450 gr sunbread bread mix – You can also use another type, as long as it is a light wheat (Mayan, light brown wheat, multigrain,… no whole wheat or rye because then your bread will be too heavy)
- 50 gr semola (you can omit this, but use 500 gr sunbread mix)
- 230 gr carrot juice at room temperature
- 100 g grated carrot (grated very finely)
- 4 gr cumin seeds
- 20 gr butter, at room temperature
- 8 g salt
- 7 g dry yeast
Mix the ingredients into a nice smooth dough (you can always add a little more carrot juice if your dough is too dry, or add flour if it is too moist.
The hydration often depends on the flower quality and also at what temperature it is stored.
I let my dough rise for 90 minutes in a warm place, but the idea is that your dough has doubled in volume (so this could just as well be 60 minutes or even 2 hours.
Then fold your dough (beat out the proof so that it is flat again) and shape it into the desired shape (long, round, whichever you prefer).
Let rise again in a warm place (+/- 40 minutes)
Bake bread at 220°C, 35 to 40 minutes