- 250 gr whole wheat flour
- 1 teaspoon sodium bicarbonate
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon coarse sea salt
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground cardamom
- 2 large eggs
- 80 ml corn oil
- 100 gr candico coconut blossom sugar (you can also use regular brown sugar)
- 10 ml vanilla extract
- 250 gr grated zucchini
- Handful of “time for breakfast almost & apricots” or you can also add regular chopped nuts, some dried fruit. You can add chocolate drops etc.
- Muffin/cupcake papers
- muffin pan
Preheat oven to 180°C top and bottom heat.
Beat the eggs with the vanilla and coconut blossom sugar until foamy, then gradually add the oil and continue beating until it is incorporated.
Mix the dry ingredients together in a bowl. Add it at the moment and mix it up.
Finally add the zucchini (don’t panic if you see the water from the zucchini, you can add that).
Pour the batter into the paper cups and bake the muffins for +/- 20 minutes.
Remember a muffin is a bit drier in texture than a cupcake. Optionally, you can mix a tablespoon of sour cream into the batter.
These are not sweet muffins, if you like them sweeter, add 60 gr of regular granulated sugar.