- 1 large chicken breast, cut into small cubes
- 1 small sweet potato, peeled and cut into 1cm cubes
- 1/2 zucchini in cubes
- 1 carrot, peeled and cubed
- 1 small can of chickpeas, drained
- 1 onion, diced
- 1 stalk white celery, diced
- 1/2 eggplant, diced
- 1/2 red bell pepper, diced
- 1/2 tsp garam masala
- 1 tsp ras el hanout
- 1 handful of cashew nuts, roughly chopped
- 1 handful of raisins
- 6 pitted dried plums
- 1 tbsp honey
- 80 gr soubry spelled pearl couscous
- 4 dl chicken stock
Season the chicken with ras el hanout.
Put some olive oil in a deep non-stick pan, heat over medium heat.
Bake the sweet potato cubes in it for 5 minutes.
Remove from the pan.
In the same pan, add some more olive oil and fry the chicken cubes in it. After 2 minutes, add the onion and sauté until translucent. Add all the vegetables and fry for a while. Add the pearl couscous, fry for 2 minutes and then deglaze with the chicken stock. Reduce the heat to a simmer and let it simmer for 5 minutes under the lid.
Add the chicken cubes, chickpeas, raisins, prunes and honey. Let it simmer for another 5 minutes under the lid.
Remove the lid from the heat, season with garam masala if necessary.
And let any remaining liquid boil down a little further.
Serve immediately with the chopped cashews.